Fuel founder Kate McGrath to chair first British Council Season culture salon
Posted on: 23rd September 2020
Fuel’s founder and director Kate McGrath will chair the British Council’s new season’s first culture salon, Creative Independents: Securing Our Future.
This is a session that takes a survey of crisis-responsive initiatives across Italy and the UK which have been set up by independents for independents. It will also identify common issues and interrogate what is needed to underpin the sustainability of independents as an important part of the supply chain in our cultural ecology. This Culture Salon will run as a pop-up event in the Artlab Bergamo Creative Industries programme.
- Chair: Kate McGrath – Director, Fuel and Freelance Task Force
- Artlab host: Ugo Bacchella – President, Fondazione Fitzcarraldo
- Season host: Jean Cameron – Creative Director, UK/Italy Season 2020
- Julie Lomax – CEO, Artist Information Company
- Ryan Hughes – Artistic Director, Coventry Biennial
- Matt Gough – Dance practitioner, Cardiff
- Gaia Di Lorenzo and Lucrezia Calabrò Visconti – Art Workers Italia
- Linda Di Pietro – Chief Cultural Officier, BASE, Milano
- Paolo Montemurro – Co-founder and Director, Materahub, Matera